The Gridiron Greats Pro Bono Medical Program
- Increase solutions for players who apply to GGAF for assistance
- Expand GGAF assistance programs across the US. This will allow us to help more players in a more cost effective way as well as those who cannot travel far distances.
- Help change a life
The Gridiron Greats has formed a multi-million dollar medical program which is a humanitarian initiative intended to provide a wide variety of medical treatments to retired NFL players with little or no means to pay for medical care. Players who qualify will not incur any costs for evaluations, medical procedures or rehabilitation they may receive.
This program is made possible by the generosity of multiple facilities with world-class specialists. The following facilities are offering pro bono services:
OAA Orthopaedic Specialists located in Allentown, Pennsylvania, All Star Orthopaedics in Dallas, Texas, Coastal Orthopaedics in New Port Richey, Florida, Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush in Chicago, Illinois, Premier Sports Medicine in Melbourne, Florida, Neuro Spine Institute in Florida, Utah and Nashville, HyperbaRXs and Hyperbaric Physicians of Georgia, Illinois Back Institute in Chicago, Illinois and Carolinas Rehabilitation in Charlotte, North Carolina.
If you are a medical facility who wants to apply to our medical program please contact us at
Medical Provider Application Process
- Contact Gridiron Greats with following documentation:
- Name(s) / CV of all medical staff who will directly care for athletes
- Name/credentials of all medical providers and institutions
- Copies of malpractice and liability insurance of each provider and institution
- Information will be passed to Gridiron Greats Medical Advisory Board
- Medical Advisory Board will meet monthly to evaluate applications
- Further documentation may be requested
- Board visits facility (at facility’s expense) to interview staff
- Review policies and procedures for treatment
- Medical Advisory Team will provide recommendations to Medical Board
- The entire process to take less than 45 days approval
- Vincent Hudson – GGAF Chairman of Medical Committee will get back to the applicants