Attention: Gridiron Greats Donors! Please, give yourselves a round of applause for your generosity, which is helping to change the lives of so many retired NFL players. This week we are sharing with you, again, how your donations to Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund are literally changing lives. Your generous donations help retired NFL players who are in dire need of medical and financial assistance. We work hard to make the magic happen here at the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund office, but none of it would be possible without donations from our supporters. Thank you.
Below you will find stories of retired NFL players who Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund has helped during the past couple weeks. Names have been removed for confidentiality.
• Former Defensive Tackle, played for the Patriots, Chargers and Seahawks, is permanently disabled. His daughter moved in to take care of him and take him to dialysis 3X a week. Mounting medical bills are putting a financial strain on them. GGAF provided financial assistance to pay doctor’s and utility bills
• Former Defensive End for the Buccaneers, Steelers and Panthers, can’t work because of health problems and is having financial difficulties. GGAF provided financial assistance to pay mortgage and utility bills.
• Former Tight End for the Cardinals and Bears, is disabled and facing financial hardship due to the economy and medical problems. GGAF provided financial assistance to get power turned back on and pay other utility bills.
• Former Wide Receiver, played 12 years in the NFL for Steelers, Colts and Redskins, suffering from multiple medical problems, experiencing severe financial hardships. GGAF provided 2 months of rent.
• Former Wide Receiver, played for Bears, Steelers and Lions, bed-ridden and in dire need of financial assistance to help with quality of life. GGAF provided financial assistance to pay bills.
• Former Linebacker, played 13 years in the NFL for the New York Titans and Jets, has increasing medical expenses. His pension barely covers his rent and prescription costs each month. GGAF provided 2 months of rent, and about 6 months of prescription cost.
• Former Linebacker, played for the Colts, Lions and Seahawks, facing foreclosure and mounting financial hardships due to football related injuries and depression. GGAF provided financial assistance to pay his mortgage and utility bills.
• Former Defensive Tackle, played for the Browns, is in constant pain daily, facing financial hardships. Has to choose to buy food or medicine. GGAF provided financial assistance to pay for food.
We are proud to have helped so many retired NFL players. We could not provide assistance to these men without support and donations from corporate partners and supporters like you. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make positive things happen for these Greats during the last couple weeks. Thank you to our corporate partners who provide us with free and discounted services, making all things possible. Thank you to our medical program partners who provide pro bono services for these Great men. Thank you to the fans who send us their generous donations. Thank you.