Help for many retired NFL players comes from Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund. We would like to thank our supporters for their generosity, which is helping to change the lives of so many retired NFL players. This week we are sharing with you another post on how your donations to Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund are literally changing lives. Your generous donations help retired NFL players who are in dire need of medical and financial assistance. We work hard to make miracles happen here at the Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund office, but none of it would be possible without donations from our supporters. Thank you.
Below you will find stories of retired NFL players who were assisted by Gridiron Greats Assistance Fund during the month of January 2012. Names have been removed for confidentiality.
• Former Wide Receiver with the Buccaneers and Rams suffering financial hardship because he had to take medical leave from his job. Has fallen behind on bills. GGAF helped with rent.
• Former Cornerback for the Cardinals and Chiefs suffering financial hardship because of multiple medical procedures and expenses. GGAF helped with rent.
• Former Defensive End with the Chargers who has many football related injuries that affect his mind and body. GGAF helped with utilities.
• Former Quarterback with the Jaguars, Chiefs and Bears suffering financial hardship due to very high deductible with his insurance, but needing to have surgery and pay off bills. GGAF helped with car payments to keep his car from being repossessed and utility bills.
• Former Offensive Tackle for the Detroit Lions suffering financial hardships. GGAF helped with car payments.
• Former Defensive End with the Buccaneers and Jaguars suffering financial hardship. He is physically unable to stand for any amount of time and has limited use of his hands. He has many medical and dental bills from himself and his family that he is having a hard time paying. GGAF helped with rent.
• Former Quarterback with the Raiders, Bills and Colts suffering financial hardship due to medical issues related to football and also has multiple sclerosis. Was self-sufficient until late in the year when he fell. He is now totally dependent on others. GGAF helped with his many medical bills.
We are proud to have helped so many retired NFL players. We could not provide assistance to these men without support and donations from corporate partners and supporters like you.
Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make positive things happen for these Greats. Thank you to our corporate partners who provide us with free and discounted services, making all things possible. Thank you to our medical program partners who provide pro bono services for these Great men. Thank you to our supporters who send us their generous donations. Thank you.
Let’s keep creating positive outcomes for these well-deserving players. We’ll post an updated list for the last few months of assistance in next week’s blog post, so stay tuned.